Zero Waste Business
The GrassRoots Recycling Network adopted the following Principles on January 13, 2004 to guide and evaluate current and future Zero Waste policies and programs established by businesses. These Zero Waste Business Principles establish the commitment of companies to achieve Zero Waste and further establish criteria by which workers, investors, customers, suppliers, policymakers and the public in general can assess the resource efficiency of companies. For more detail visit Principles.
- Commitment to the triple bottom line
- Use Precautionary Principle
- Zero Waste to landfill or incineration
- Responsibility: Takeback products and packaging
- Buy reused, recycled & composted
- Prevent pollution and reduce waste
- Highest and best use
- Use economic incentives for customers, workers and suppliers
- Products or services sold are not wasteful or toxic
- Use non-toxic production, reuse and recycling processes
GRRN's 'Zero Waste Business' Project contains links and information originally compiled by Gary Liss of Gary Liss & Associates - a recycling consultancy in Loomis, California.